Made of high-quality stainless steel for durability and weight reduction, the new Trail Crampon Ultra brings the Trail Crampon's legacy of superb traction performance to those needing to travel faster and lighter. 18 spikes offer aggressive traction on any icy surface and distribute pressure to withstand wear. The Trail Crampon Ultra will help keep your running program on track through the colder months when conditions become slippery. Carry case included.
- 1.2 cm (1/2") spikes provide excellent traction on packed snow, black ice and partially covered trails.
- Rip and stick strap across the top of the harness holds the device secure and prevents movement in deeper snow.
- Welded chains withstand repeated torque, foot strikes and abuse on any ice and snow.
- Larger heel plate gives secure traction and ultra stability for descents and trail-running.
- Elastomer harness adapts to all types of footwear, fits securely and is easy to slip on and off quickly.
- Ultra-light traction for trail runners conscious of carrying extra ounces.
- Reinforced elastomer harness provides tear resistance and maintains pliability to sub-freezing temperatures.
– Chains and Spike Material: Stainless steel
– Spike Height: 1- 1.5cm / 2/5″- 1/2″ (longer spikes are on the rear traction plate)
– Spike Number: 18
– Harness Material: Elastomer
– Weight (per pair): 374g (XS); 399g (S); 422g (M); 463g (L); 478 (XL)
– Weight (per pair): 13.2oz (XS); 14.1oz (S); 14.9oz (M); 16.3oz (L); 16.9oz (XL)
Before each use, check over the product to ensure there is no damage, such as chains splitting open or tears in the rubber. If damage is found, discontinue use to prevent further damage and potential injury. Please return the product to your local Hillsound retailer. Test product before each use for proper fit. Check positioning of front & rear spikes on the outer sole of your footwear. All spikes must fit within the outer edge of your footwear when fitted properly.
FASTENING & REMOVING:
Always put on and remove Hillsound Trail Crampon Ultra while seated. To fasten the Trail Crampon Ultra, place toes into the front section of the crampon and adjust so the toe guide wire is sitting in front of the shoe not on top or underneath the shoe. The spikes must sit untangled and position well within the outer edge of your footwear underneath the ball of the foot. Pull the rubber back-tab toward the heel and cover your footwear with rubber evenly positioned around the sides of your shoe.
Pass the velcro strap under and over the opposite side of the rubber to prevent slippage of the crampon. Adjust the chains and spikes appropriately so that the spikes are fitting evenly and squarely underfoot. Place one foot at a time to ensure balance and start walking on flat surface to test that it is fitting well. If the chains or rubber are loose, you may need to consider a smaller size for a tighter fit. All shoe makes and brands are different, so the Hillsound sizing chart should be used only as a guide. To remove the product, slide the back-tab off of the heel of the shoe, and slip the front of the foot out of the front section of the crampon.
The Hillsound Trail Crampon Ultra are designed for recreational activities such as trail running, winter hiking, and are not made for technical climbing. These are not a mountaineering crampon. Avoid using the Hillsound Trail Crampon on stairs, rocks or river crossings. Only use Trail Crampon Ultra in winter snow and ice conditions. Use the Trail Crampon Ultra with regular outdoor footwear, such as: runners, hiking boots, and insulated boots.
Transport crampons using a sturdy bag so as to protect the spikes from damaging personal belongings. Always position the spikes away from the body when transporting them.
CASE AND MAINTENANCE:
After each use crampons must be thoroughly cleaned, dried and stored in a cool dry place. The chains are stainless steel and so will not rust, however the carbon steel base plate can. To prevent rust they can be oiled after use and drying.