Osprey Kode 32
The innovative LightWire™ suspension system combines with a padded hipbelt to carry loads up to 30 pounds without sacrificing stability. The Thermo-formed backpanel and contoured shoulder straps provide comfort when you’re out all day to notch a first descent on a distant peak.
Access via a zippered top panel lets you see all your gear at glance. A large J-zip front pocket keeps your shovel and probe handy. There’s a built-in back pocket for a hydration reservoir that routes through the shoulder harness to prevent freezing.
On the outside of the pack, you’ll find straps for a variety of ski and snowboard carrying options and an ice axe loop just in case you encounter firm conditions. All contact points are reinforced to minimize wear from metal edges.
Other winter-specific features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice axe loop, and a scratch-free goggle pocket. Glove friendly buckles and zippers poles let you keep your hands covered when you’re making the transition from skins to skis on a high summit.
AVALANCHE GEAR STORAGE POCKET
Extra-large front pocket with J-zip access for avalanche safety gear includes shovel handle and probe sleeves
SKI AND SNOWBOARD CARRY OPTIONS
Skis—A-frame or diagonal Snowboards—Vertical or horizontal
- A-frame Ski Carry - Lower reinforced ski carry loops work in conjunction with upper side carry straps to provide secure and comfortable a-frame style ski carry
- Diagonal Ski Carry - Upper and lower reinforced carry wings provide secure and comfortable diagonal style ski carry
- Vertical Snowboard/Snowshoe Carry - dual front panel Hypalon reinforced wings provide secure and comfortable vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- Horizontal Backpanel Snowboard Carry - A reinforced hipbelt wing provides quick horizontal carry across the backpanel of the pack
- Panel Load Access - Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Ice Tool Attachment - Single tool loop works in conjunction with upper carry strap to provide secure ice tool attachment
- Insulated Hydration - An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Hipbelt Pockets - Dual, articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use provide quick access to essentials
- Backpanel Access - Dual zippered access to dry storage/hydration compartment
- Helmet Carry - Top panel, stretch mesh stowable helmet carry
- Goggle Pocket - Top zippered heat embossed scratch-free goggle pocket provides safe storage for optics
LIGHTWIRE FRAME/HDPE SUSPENSION
- LightWire™ frame and 1.2mm HDPE framesheet (42l)
- 1.2mm HDPE framesheet only (32l/22l)
THERMOFORMED CONTOURED BACKPANEL
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
CONTOURED EVA HARNESS
- Webbing attachment points and insulated hydration hose sleeve
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
FIXED EVA HIPBELT
- Single 25mm webbing ergoPull™ closure with padded hipwings
- Zippered fabric hipbelt pockets